The Growth of Remote Work Increases Digital Workplace Implementation
A lot of companies today have long embraced having a digital workplace, and either allow or even require employees to work remotely.
Many people today feel that the traditional nine to five is dead, and companies are moving fast to adapt.
If you want to attract and retain top talent in today’s global workplace, having a digital and flexible environment is an absolute must.
As the employee pool continues to be saturated with Millennials, this becomes even more crucial to avoid high turnover rates. If you want your employees to stick with you, you’ve got to give them a reason to stay.
Today’s Employees Put a High Value on Autonomy
You really can’t put a price on someone’s freedom, and that’s exactly what today’s digital work solutions and remote capabilities provide.
When employees can work from anywhere, on their own schedule, they are able to adapt their work to their existing lives — this is something today’s workers place a high value on.
How can Employers Deliver this Atmosphere to their Staff?
If you want to make changes to your current atmosphere, or just do a better job at giving your employees the freedom they desire, a great tool to facilitate this is your own employee intranet portal.
It’s one of the best resources out there to keep remote employees connected, save time, and manage projects.
A company intranet has the ability to provide the remote and digital atmosphere you need, while simultaneously increasing communication and efficiency.
How can an Employee Intranet Bring Remote Workers Closer Together?
- Project management tools allow teams to work together, in one online place, in real-time
- Document sharing and storing facilitates working together on projects and sharing information
- Mobile responsiveness allows employees to access the intranet, from anywhere, on any device, at any time of day
- Chat rooms and groups allow for meeting, conferences, and on-the-go communications
- Social intranet features allow employees to connect, much like they would on Facebook. Wish your colleague happy birthday or leave a comment on their latest post
- Team members can share ideas, have contests and more
Traditional intranets were designed with one thing in mind — to push the corporate agenda.
Today, it’s a completely different story. Intranets are created with the end-users in mind, to ensure they are given a product that makes their daily lives easier, more efficient, and more social.
When intranets are created with the employees in mind, you wind up getting a better return on investment — when employees are given exactly what they need to succeed, the organization enjoys the benefits.
So, chose employees’ oriented LS Intranet solution to make their remote work optimally comfortable and productive.